I had a peaceful breakfast at the hotel restaurant before returning to the room and rousing the sleepers (which originally autocorrected to slappers, which I enjoy). We prepared the luggage, with Lexie and Nathan staging a "crash", but looking more like college kids after a big night.
I picked up the car and met K and co and we were soon on our way. For about 5 minutes, then we stopped to do some shopping at Woolworths, no, countdown. We have seen a Woolworths, though, which makes us think they are phasing then in, ultimately leading to papers proclaiming "The Final Countdown" when the time comes.
We drove to Hamilton and went to the Hamilton Gardens. It was a lovely place, with a lot to see. We picked up activity books for the kids - which were so difficult neither K or I could finish the first one. Despite this, all the kids earned their badges to join the garden team. Lexie especially enjoyed the challenges, Nathan and Charlie weren't really interested. They were too busy running around and checking everything out.
The different gardens were all interesting and peaceful, but our everyone's favourite was the Egypt themed garden.
After the gardens garden we drove to the charming horse town of Cambridge and our accommodation for the night. We had dinner at the st Kilda cafe, and the staff were excellent about Lexie and gluten, even giving us free chips to make sure she had something safe and coeliac friendly. There was a great pro or playground nearby which all the kids loved.
We spent the night repacking and I think we are both feeling much more prepared for the next flight. Still more to do tomorrow though! And I am the last awake again, so I better fix that.
On a side note, both the kids say they don't feel like they are away, and that be Zealand (or "this island", as Nathan's calling it) is a lot like Australia.
No comments:
Post a Comment