Sunday, November 17, 2024

22. Zion, 4 November 2024

 The wind continued through the night. In my covered wagon the wind made the canvas ripple and snap, and I spent a good amount of time trying to get a video of it. It was loud but not unpleasant. 



We planned to go into Zion National Park and complete the audio tour. As we headed in, the tour recommended a ghost town which was originally built by early mormon settlers. We decided to check it out. The kids enjoyed running around the room that was open to visitors and Kieran especially enjoyed looking around.





We went to Zion but the parking lot was full, which would require us to get a shuttle into the park. We felt it was more trouble than it was worth, so we decided to throw in the towel. We had to re-pack our bags and Kieran wanted to do some more shopping.

That night, despite the strong winds, I lit the fire and the kids and I roasted marshmallows and attempted to make smores. The smores were cross, I'm not sure if I was doing it wrong, but it it seemed like a waste of marshmallow. The kids did have great fun with the fire, especially Charlie. He was very unhappy with me when I finally had to pack it in due to the wind.








No comments:

Post a Comment

28. Home

 11 November 2024